When I lived in the Pacific NW, I could buy Navy pants at almost every vintage store, but I've never seen any in the south!
for wearing 13 button Navy Pants:
- Change out the standard issue buttons with colorful ones
- Cut them off and hem them into shorts
- Replace the back tie with a colorful ribbon
- They gather dust/lint, so be sure to have a lint roller handy
- The number one rule: Don't wear your sailor pants out drinking. You will not make it in time if you are drunkenly fumbling with the buttons.
As always, sailor pants are perfect for a 1930s chorus girl kind of look.